HEGEL SOCIETY OF AMERICA
26th BIENNIAL CONFERENCE
PLEASE BE ADVISED:
The Biennial Meeting of the Hegel Society of America (which had been scheduled to take place Oct. 8-10, 2021) has been moved to the Fall of 2022. The tentative dates for the 2022 meeting are Oct. 21-23, 2022. The venue for the meeting will remain the Scarritt-Bennett Center in Nashville, TN (https://scarrittbennett.org/), and the local institutional host will remain Belmont University (the local contact person is Andy Davis at Belmont University: andyalexdavis [@] gmail.com).
Also, the program content for this meeting is expected to remain the same. The meeting's program chair is Sebastian Rand (srand [@] gsu.edu).
In no special order, the list of presenters for the meeting (along with the titles of presentations) is as follows:
- Lewis Wang (Boston University), "Hegel's Justification of Private Property"
- Dylan Shaul (Toronto), "Love and the Family in the Philosophy of Right: Hegel's Final Critique of Morality"
- Thom Brooks (Durham), "Why Hegel Matters"
- Allegra De Laurentiis (Stony Brook), "On the Political Subtext of Hegel's 'The Good and Conscience'"
- Kevin Thompson (DePaul), "Critical Patriotism: Hegel on Virtue, Trust, and the Public Sphere"
- Jere Surber (Denver), "Hegel's 'Metaphilosophy' and Objective Spirit: The Inadvertent Apotheosis of the Political"
- Paul Giladi (Manchester Metropolitan), "The 'Rabble', the 'severe style:' Hegel's Critical Theory?"
- Ana Vieyra Ramirez (Emory), "Immanent Normativity and Actuality in Hegel and Bloch"
- Karen Ng (Vanderbilt), Title to be determined
- Jeff Church (Houston), "Three Concepts of Political Rationality in Hegel's Executive"
- Nicoletta Montaner (UC Berkeley), "Incompatibilisms. Contemporary Perspectives on Hegelian Political Economy"
- Alyssa Adamson (Albion), "Queer Spirit: Towards the Actualization of Social Freedom"
Return to the Hegel Society of America Home Page
Contact the Webmaster